Saturday, November 20, 2004

Formal Etc

My Year 12 school formal was on Thursday night. Eza gave me a lift there (Oatlands). We had heard that there was no parking available at the place so he parked in the next street. It took about 5 minutes just to walk up the driveway ( -_-;; ) most of the grade was already there along with a large native fly population. Not to worry though, the majority of the flys departed once the flying termites woke up :roll:
Seating was hopeless. Me and Ez where on the same table at least, but seated next to the 'slutty' group (they werent really, but I can't think of another word to describe it..and true there was two others that weren't from that group, won't mention names). Anyway, they kept on talking about there relationships, and how they'd all dumped there bf's in the last week, moving on to the best way to commit suicide:

#1: You have to have the bath warm so that your blood runs cleanly.
#3: It would be much better if you could do it on your bed with white sheets on
#2: Yeah it would, but your blood would clot
#1: You could warm youself with an electric blanket, couldn't you?

The food was alright I guess. Not anything particularly good. Several annoyances with the service though, they served our table last every time (Waiter/ress' should swap the direction they serve), and they didn't ask which of the two options you wanted, they just gave it out systematically (Dish one, dish two, dish one etc...). For entree I had the raviolli pasta. Except it wasn't raviolli, it was plain straight pasta for me. Everyone else (before and after me, so they hadn't run out of it) got the right pasta but i didn't...*grumbles incoherrently*. For mains I had some veal dish and the apple and peach strudel for desert (The better of the other dishes).
Ez complained for most of the night (:P), about the quality of the service, and the crappy DJ (his "sound system" was 2 discmans). He had a point in most cases but I think he was just bored. Didn't have anyone else to talk to (Kunama was hanging with her other friends mostly) so tried to sleep a few times, unsuccessfully. Drank a lot of watered down fizzy lemon-y drink. Played with some cover on the back of Ez's digital camera *flicks it with finger*..hehe
Ended up going home nearly an hour early since Eza was giving me a lift home, and he had work the next day, needing to get up at 5-ish...

Yesterday, (as you can see, this is one incredibly long post instead of several shorter ones) I spent half the day pulling out a "guerilla" vine from down the side of the house. It's a guerllia vine, since you'd eliminate it for a couple of metres or so and then you'd find a vine that went all the way back (plus a few metres more underground) like a guerilla tunnel. I only got a few metres down the side before I gave up...my hands were all sore as I wasn't using gloves (since if I'd used gloves I couldn't pull them out; the gloves were too slippery). Did a lot of painting on my plane, nearly finished it.

Today, i finished the plane, so here it is:

There are decals for it but I really can't be bothered putting them on. I might do another car now (or start on a cross-stich I found). I've spent most of the day on the net, bumming around. My sister tried to get me to fix the network but I couldn't find anything wrong with it. The switch is probably stuffed. *Curses it and stabs repeatedly*

4 Comments:

At 6:00 pm, Blogger SlippedInsane said...

I went to Oatlands and it was great, apart from the 2 diskman dj with one set of lights and some pathetic speakers. The food and service were good, the afters were better.

May i say that your plane needs another coat of paint, i can see brush strokes :P

 
At 9:47 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

One has to wonder why you were looking so close to see the brush strokes.

The formal experience sounds familier, it's a place where the dregs of the place come and pat each other on the back for getting through the oh so hard year of school...

 
At 8:34 pm, Blogger SlippedInsane said...

liar, the formal is a boring event where upon everyone gives up any hope of living a normal life and sits there in a zombified state before going home

 
At 1:21 pm, Blogger Kunama said...

Cross-stitch is frustrating. Don't go blind doing it.

*names names*
They were Mary and Jessie
They were there because we didn't want Jessie on our table (she'd been there for the year 10 formal) and Jessie's mum was such a bitch about our not wanting her on the table. We didn't want Jessie to hang around us at the Year12 picnic either, and her mother bitched about that too. She guilt-tripped Mary into moving off our table to sit nigelated with Jessie on another table, and Mary guilt-tripped herself into taking Jessie somewhere to have fun. Only I think she did it on the same day as the Year12 picnic, so it was sort of pointless.

Chocolate mousse was much better than the strudel!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home