Tuesday, November 30, 2004

Routine ....(Boredom)

I have been so lazy lately that I'm going to try (try being the emphasised word) and get into a routine.
I'm going to wake up in the morning (shock, horror :p) and have what society deems a normal breakfast. Yes, I'm actually going to eat cereal...I haven't for a while, I ususally eat leftovers or nothing at all. After this I'm going to walk each of my two dogs, as it's impossible to walk them together, one's too slow (had a knee reconstruction and never recovered 100%) and the other is hyper and too fast.
With this done, I'm going to set to work on the jobs around the house that my parent's have listed on a nice shiny piece of paper. I will tick each as I complete them. The tick's will not be near a smiley face (of either the circular or net-lingo variety).If there is cricket on, I will put it on in the background and not plonk on my bed and watch it all day. If not, I will put on some music.
I will try not to net during the daytime as I usually only get off when the session expires (a 5hr limit).
If I cannot find anything to do, I will read a book (re-reading Ian Irvine's Tower on Rift atm but nearly finished). If I find myself bored of reading on end I will try and write myself a resume. I don't want to do this because I can't find anything decent to put on (I even have a template to work with -_-;;). Otherwise, I will attempt to fathom through the UAC guide and scrounge up a few more preferences...i only have 5 atm (out of 9).
Ooo...another thing I nearly forgot: I will work through my pile of 'creative' activites. I still haven't started on the cross-stich I planned on doing....damn procrastination.

***

Hmm...today was alright, I actually did all the jobs my parents had set me. Watched New Zealand come to a tortured halt in finally test. Cricket is actually looking boring now since it's always the same outcome. Aus always wins (At least all the matches I watch...don't have foxtel so couldn't watch India Tour. They apparently put up a reasonable fight -_-;;).
My Dad told me that he had shown the website I had created for him to his boss. Said that his boss had been impressed and had forwarded it up to a higher management or something...*can't remember*. The only problem with it had been that the 'printable page' hadn't come out right when it was printed...The program that they had been using before to view them had had a 'fit to page' feature. The only possible way I can think of making the pics come out right is re-sizing all of them...but that doesn't really seem an option, as there's apparently hundreds of them. There might be a way of creating a program to do it for me, but I don't have the knowledge to create it.
The only problem I had with the website apart from that was with editing the menu. try as I might, I couldn't get the .js file to load properly into the VB textbox (where I could edit it....). It semi-loads but there is a problem in the structure of the file that won't let it load. When the program finds a line with a number and a comma sitting next to each other on a line, it immediately thinks its a number (and thus should be loaded into the textbox through an integer variable...not the string one). I resolved this partially by putting " marks around the numbers, but there is one number that if i put marks around it, it stuffs up the entire menu..-_-;;.
So I had to settle for the old fashioned way of copy/paste. Luckily, I can just make the line up with my current .exe so it is simple to copy.

If anyone has any ideas, please tell me >_<;....that is of course if that rant made any sense whatsoever

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home