One Word to Drain them all.......
Apathetic.
Just hearing that word really makes you depressed. I've heard it three times in the last week (hadn't heard it at all before). I could analyse it to show why it produces this reaction but I'm too apathetic....(though technically that isn't a correct usage of the word >_<;;)
***
I actually applied for a job today. Sales assitant person at Castle Towers Dymocks. Be a nice job to have, probably get a discount which would be good. I'm not that confident I'll get it though. They said they would call later about an interview.
My mum had come with me to Towers to drop in resume (luckily she stayed in a clothes shop down a bit while I went in), and spent an hour in Target and then Myers looking for a tie, shirt and pants. I picked a nice green tie (had sort of sine wave curve's in two shades going diagonally across it). Spent about 20 minutes looking for a shirt to match. Couldn't find one. Decided to pick shirt first instead, picked one and couldn't find a tie to match (well one that I liked anyway). Ended up finding a shirt that went with the first tie and so bought them.
Came home, cooked some pasta for lunch and ate it while watching Disney's Aladdin. Felt really sad that I could remember the lyrics to all the songs after having not watched it for at least 2 years -_-;;.
Played Nintendo for a while. Banjo-Tooie. Went to the factory level, split Kazooie off and glided/flew over the level, shooting all the baddies with eggs (clockwork eggs were fun ^^). Turned it off when I ran out of eggs and feathers. Not very realistic flying, but its better than nothing....I like Kazooie.
Listened to Ministry of Sound 2005 Annual for a while (I'd bought it the day before). Favourite's so far:
Tigs - Pleasure from the Bass
Armand Van Helden - My My My
Eric Prydz - Call on Me (I hate the video clip though...)
The one I like best is still Dean Muhsin - Groove One (however thats on another MOS CD )
Played Fire Emblem for hours on my gba. Gave up when I lost a character.
***
The wind whistles past; noise slowng as I strech further. Talons enclose the branch. I look down from halfway up the tree. Pine needles litter the ground, a light snow has fallen. The night dawns around me, stars winking into being in the darkening sky. A wind blows through the woods, isolating the warmth with ice picked up from the snow. Stabbing through the branches I huddle closer to myself. Beak under wing. Slight preen at the feathers. Rest comes. An eye remains half open. The world goes by, observed and remembered. Most of it has little meaning, repetition of times come before.
A thought drifts upon the icy breeze; a storm is coming. Soon the memories will fade. Lost to true sight but never truly forgotten.
Another thought. Foreign, unlike the first, recalls an image of moonlight, dappled through the trees on a rippled pool.
"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live that can remember it".
I will remember.



0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home