*Employed*
Yeah, so no-one can call me a lazy unemployed person anymore *whacks various relatives*
Working at an Indian Restaurant (No jokes, please...), on fridays and saturdays 1830-2230. $10/hr. Uniform is blue t-shirt (Somewhat baggy..) with MI (Mother India; name of restaurant) and black suit pants.
Rang up last tuesday and got an interview on friday at 1730. Interview was alright, boss (I can't remember his name... ._.""") said he would give me a trial but was worried since I seemed to be a 'computer' person.
Trial went okay on the saturday, he moved me around various jobs: started me practicing holding drinks tray and walking to table, putting down drinks picking them up again and walking back. repeat.(Before people had arrived of course..) Then got to serve drinks a few times (I'm eighteen you know..>_> ; "How old are you?" "17" "I heard 18 just then"), didn't spill it so its all good. Then had a go serving/ preparing entree's. Basically involved pouring tomato soup from simmering jog into tiny cups and serving those as well as other small dishes (mango chutney?, mint yogurt thingy.. others I can't remember). Did that for a while then went back to bar and stacked dishwasher and dried glasses + put away. Was shown the right way to set the table and practiced on a few that were empty. The last job I got given was drying knives in the kitchen, sorting and putting them away. He was happy with the way I had worked, so he said I should come on Sunday at 12 since there was a function happening and it was a different sort of practice.
Worked the bar at function which was fairly easy as the people organising function (21st B'day party) had provided drinks. Poured many cokes, sprites and orange juice (it was a stupid bottle that was impossible to pour without spillage!) but also beers from bottles and red and white wine. Had to walk around tables collecting empty glasses and asking if the person wanted another drink. Table of kids was most annoying: Without fail, one person would ask for another coke, and after I had brought it another couple would...stupid inefficient child/thing! One of the older ones was a guy from Baulko, recognised him but didn't know his name. Eventually they all left and helped with cleanup, went around setting out knives, forks and wine glasses. Luckily I was busy cleaning glasses in bar while the tablecloth spreading was going on I suck at that >_<"
***
Went shopping on saturday, since I had to get new black pants (old ones are too baggy now). Bought some in Target as well as $10 movie "Timeline" which I never ended up seeing at theatres. Went to Kmart and found The first season of Battlestar Galactica on DVD. Have promised self I will not watch till I have completed my Archaeology essay...
...must resist urge to watch...shiny red eyes...compelling....so beautiful..
I think I remember seeing the mini-series DVD in Target, so I'll have to go back and get that later..
***
Going to ring up the RTA when I get home and book DART hopefully for thursday or saturday(but apparently they don't open then, even though website says they do..).
Hope I don't fail...



0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home